Sunday, November 30, 2008

let's... go... SHOPPING!

I have expressed my frustration with the challenge of Thinking of Thoughtful Gifts to give in celebration of Christmas.

This year, I will be going home (back to Indiana) for the first time in a year. I have not been back to see my family since Christmas of '07. For this reason, I would like to present my closest family members with some nice gifts.

I enjoy gift-giving, and most importantly I enjoy shopping. Gift giving requires I shop.

This past weekend, I took on my first round of "holiday shopping." My purchases included: 2 DVD's, 3 books, a bling license plate, multiple items from Victorias Secret (only to receive the GWP's,) and makeup. All for myself.

Round one of holiday shopping ended up to be a mini personal shopping spree. It just happened that I had to keep a few of those items that would have made great gifts for myself. I NEEDED them. I was tempted to purchase MORE items for myself but tried to stay on track - keeping my eye exclusively on gift items.

Oh well, technically, I still have 23 days.

Can anyone recommend "thoughtful" gifts for dads and brothers?

: : : : : sighs : : : : : :

xo bird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A streetbike for this Dad...

I've been told a thousand times that I'm not getting one but I think she's just trickin' me.