Sunday, October 19, 2008

Amel Larrieux


After reading about another Bloggers experience with Amel Larrieux LIVE, I know he had the same experience I did in a different time, different place. I had to share as well:

With lyrics like this:

"......I can stare, I can memorize your face, your hands, your hair, every part of you. I can cut off any old loose ends and not even wanna keep a few I can hear a million angels singing in my ears I can speak to you so honestly i can't even run any game....."

and this:"....He's got infinite possibilities I can see them now. It's the unbroken chains of his Past by which he's bound. He's got infinite possibilities I can feel them now.. If he chooses well, then nothing Can tear him down..."

..and an amazing voice, how could you resist escaping in to a state of bliss while listening to Amel Larrieux on stage at a small jazz venue accompanied with a room ful of people that appreciate her music just as much as you do? I have seen Amel Larrieux twice at the same venue, and will be going back for a third time this evening, it never fails - every time I hear the lyrics of "For Real" live it bring tears to my eyes.....

amel larrieux is nothing short of amazing. simply listening to her voice and being a part of her energy, a whole new vibe sweeps over me and keeps me choked up the entire night. she never fails to amaze me with the blogs she posts either. if interested in reading more, visit her myspace web page... good read... very inspiring.... and so interesting that the name of one of her albums is "bravebird" ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When are you coming to LA?